What are the best uses for roll off dumpsters?
The two primary uses for roll off dumpsters are large cleaning projects and construction projects. Here are some examples:
- basement, attic, and garage clean outs
- large spring cleaning projects
- yard waste removal
- cleaning out a house prior to a sales listing
- kitchen and bath remodeling projects
- roof tear-offs for roofing projects
- replacing siding or windows
- commercial construction
What are the common dumpster sizes and which size should I rent?
Dumpsters are measured by the number of cubic yards a container will hold, a 10 yard dumpster will hold 10 yards of waste materials. The typical dumpster sizes are 10 yds, 20yds, 30yds, and 40yds.
Estimating the amount of debris a project will generate can be tricky, it’s usually best to just give us a call and we can help you estimate the best size for your project. Also, here is a page were we have provided more in depth information on estimating dumpster sizes .
What things impact how much it will cost to rent a dumpster?
The two things that have the biggest impact on the cost of renting a dumpster in Dayton are where you are located and how much debris you need to have removed.
Your location will have a significant impact on the cost of renting a dumpster as each landfill and city municipality will have different fees and taxes associated with disposing of the contents of a roll off dumpster, the difference can be 300 to 400% from city to city.
The amount and type of debris you will be disposing of will also have a big impact on the cost. Simply the more material and the heavier it is the more it’s going to cost.
How do I compare different price quotes for dumpsters?
Most dumpster rental companies charge a flat fee for specific sized dumpster, a specific number of days, and for a certain amount of weight. For an example, you would receive a bid of $400 for a 30 yard dumpster, for 7 days, and not to exceed 3 tons.
However, some dumpster companies may have additional fees for, delivery, landfill costs, fuel charges, etc. So make sure when are quoted a price it is a flat fee for a specific size, time, and weight. Then comparing prices will be very straight forward.
Even with flat fee pricing extra charges may apply if you need to dumpster longer then the scheduled rental period. There is usually a daily fee for extending the rental period that is typically between $3 and $10 per day.
Additionally, if you exceeded to stated weight limit there will be additional fees. Each dumpster is weighed at the landfill or transfer station and the dumpster service pays a fee to dispose of the dumpster. If the dumpster exceeds the agreed upon tonnage there will be an additional weight fee that typically ranges from $30 to $100 per ton of overage, depending on the local landfill fees and taxes.
What are the best steps to take if I need to rent a dumpster?
The process of renting a dumpster should be simple and straight forward if your dealing with a dumpster rental company that is committed to providing straight forward pricing and a high level of customer service. Here are 4 steps that should make the process a simple a possible:
- take into consideration the amount of debris you need to dispose of, if you are unsure, be prepared to describe your project to the dumpster rental companies you speak with so they can assist you in picking the right sized roll off canister
- contact one or more dumpster rental companies to inquire about pricing and availability. Be sure to confirm that the quoted rate is all inclusive for the stated time period, dumpster size, and weight limit.
- schedule a delivery date and provide any specific details about where you would like to have the dumpster placed on site. If you will need the canister during a busy time, like spring, it is best to schedule as far in advance as possible.
- when your done loading the dumpster, call the company and let them know you are ready for pick up. They should pick up the roll off canister with in 24 hours and take it to the landfill or transfer station.